Come sing with us! We are an auditioned chorus with members of all levels of musical background. Auditions are held twice yearly (Summer and Winter) and upcoming dates will be announced here. To claim your spot, simply:
- Set up your audition time with Janey Hall, Artistic Director, by emailing email@example.com
- Select a song that shows off your voice. Prepare a song in any genre (classical, pop, Broadway, R&B, jazz, etc.) and be prepared to sing it a cappella. Your audition piece need not be memorized.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes ahead of your audition time to fill out a brief information sheet and receive details about membership from one of our chorus officers.
- Your audition will consist of a brief warm up exercise, your selected song and a brief chat with the Artistic Director.
- Look forward to hearing from us about your section placement, first rehearsal, and upcoming social events!
Who We Are
When you audition to be a member of our chorus, we hope you will take an active part in our growth, outreach, and service to our community! That’s why we expect all of our members to:
Be Part of the SOCO Mission
The mission of SoCo Women’s Chorus is to give Austin area women the experience of musical artistry and excellence through choral singing and performing in a group which reflects the area’s diversity and is dedicated to community service.
Be Part of the SOCO Vision
The vision of SoCo Women’s Chorus is to provide Austin area women, in all walks of life, a volunteer organization in which to express their creative souls through music and to form musical bonds which will build bridges between members and serve our community.
Be Part of the SOCO Goal
The goal of SoCo Women’s Chorus is to perform music of varied genres with the highest integrity and passion and to elevate women as they share their love for music with the community. Our belief is that music is the great healer and sealer.
We can’t wait to welcome you as a valued member of SOCO Women’s Chorus! The following logisticss help keep our organization running smoothly and are therefore expected of you when you register to sing with us for a season:
- Attend weekly rehearsals during each semester. Rehearsals are held 7:00pm – 9:15pm on Tuesday evenings at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Austin, TX
- Pay semester dues of $160. A limited number of Dues Exemption forms are available and are assigned each semester. The deadline for application for Spring 2017 is January 26, 2017.
- Provide a $40 deposit for sheet music. Your deposit will be returned when you turn in your music.
Music takes your heart. We are honored that our members give their time, effort, and voices to the SOCO Women’s Chorus each season. We can’t wait to have you among us.